Natural Gas to LPG
The CONGLP1 course is required for any operative who wishes to work on liquid petroleum gas (LPG) installations and appliances. This is very much a hands-on course that covers the training and assessment needed for changing from natural gas to LPG, so it’s well suited for gas engineers who are keen to expand their services.
The experienced team at JSS Training Services can ensure you leave our brand-new training facility in Stirling, Scotland, with the understanding and skills needed to develop your career. Our goal is to help you advance your skills to undertake commissions, installations, servicing or repairs of LPG appliances in permanent dwellings and other premise types (permanent structures that have been built to the building regulations and cannot be transported or towed).
With more than 4 years in training and assessing, and 8 years’ experience in administration, our small team of instructors provide the highest level of training, so you can be the best you can be, and a big part of this process is ongoing development. We’re passionate about improving the standards of the gas industry throughout the UK, whilst our CONGLP1 has been created to offer greater overall student experience with a transparent process. As you read through our assessment areas below, you’ll notice that we combine practical, hands-on experience with relevant theory work to deliver effective, interactive and technical training that will serve you well for many years to come.
Why choose us?
- We provide practical hands on training
- JSS Training Services is a National Carven Council Approved
- We cover additional safety features and requirements of utilising LPG (opso, upso, changeover valves, hoses ).
- We’re set up to offer insightful simulations (LPG Bottle management and storage).
- You’ll also learn about two stage regulators, tightness testing and characteristics of LPG gases, whilst additional ventilation requirements are also
- Brand new facilities with 2 large classrooms, 3 assessment bays and a coffee
You will be assessed in the following areas:
- Gas safety legislation and standards
- Gas emergency actions and procedures
- Products and characteristics of combustion (inc. combustion performance analysis)
- Characteristics of LPG
- Supply pressures
- Operation and positioning of emergency isolation, flow control and valves for cylinders
- Cylinder location, safety and sizing
- Installation of pipe work and fittings
- Tightness testing and purging (PD, LAV and RPH)
- Tightness testing and purging (B)
- Unsafe situations, use of emergency notices and warning labels
- Operation and checking of appliance gas safety devices and controls
- Chimney standards
- Chimney inspection and testing
- Installation of open, closed, balanced and fan assisted chimneys
- Re-establish existing gas supply and re-light appliances
The 1-3 day course
This depends on elements that are being taken so please contact us for further details.
Who is the course for?
Gas Engineers who are keen to enhance their earning potential by moving into a new field.
Candidates must hold a current ACS core qualification eg: CCN1, COCN1 (Natural Gas).