Our Water Regulations course is aimed at individuals who wish to carry out work with a local water company, so if you’re a plumber looking to join your local Water Industry Approved Plumber Scheme, this is an essential qualification for you.
Here at JSS Training Services, we help a broad range of heating and plumbing installers who need to gain the knowledge of the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 (England and Wales) and the Water Byelaws 2014 (Scotland), helping them meet the requirements of the Water Regulations Advisory Scheme (WRAS), of which the majority of the UK water companies are members.
JSS Training Services
We’re based in Stirling, Scotland, and as an emergent gas training provider we educate and assess using a combination of theory and practical work in our brand new premises. With a small team, we cap our class sizes to guarantee the highest possible standards. We’ve identified the need for ongoing support and development for individuals and organisations in the gas industry. Unlike many training providers across the UK who offer the bare minimum at unnecessarily high costs, we are passionate about improving the standards and aim to play a key a role in upping the benchmarks of training and assessing throughout Scotland and the UK.
What is the WRAS Scheme?
The Water Regulations Advisory Scheme has four core objectives:
- To raise awareness and understanding of the Water Fittings Regulations through marketing, communications, advice, consultation, education and professional
- To offer an approval scheme as well as processes and guidance to enable firms and individuals to demonstrate compliance with the Water Fittings
- To deliver cost effective support to water
- To represent the UK water supply industry as one of the main voices on the Water Fittings Regulations, offering relevant guidance, codes of practice and
Why choose us?
- Certificate is awarded by nationally approved certification
- Brand new, purpose designed training
- Industry experience
- Fixed sized courses so you have more on-on-one time and
- We balance practical training with simulations and relevant theory
- Our guidance and support is not We train and assess with your future in mind.
2 Day Course
You will be trained and assessed in the following areas:
- Interpretation and definitions
- Materials and substances
- Requirements, design and installation
- Backflow and contamination prevention
- Hot and cold water services
- Flushing devices
- Sanitary appliances; both internal and external
Who is the course for?
- Anyone dealing with water-based systems
- Gas engineers
- Heat engineers
- Maintained workers (council, hospital etc)
Candidates should ideally have 2 years plumbing experience or Entrance assessment.